Mission, Vision, Values
To strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world.
A world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
- Philanthropy is an engine for positive social change worldwide.
- Transparency and accountability are keys to earning the public trust.
- Knowledge about philanthropy starts with accurate information.
- Access to accurate information about philanthropy advances responsible and effective use of resources.
- Grantmaker and nonprofit effectiveness is enhanced by shared information and understanding.
- We deliver the highest quality of service to all those who use our resources.
- We build partnerships that help us fulfill our mission.
- We recognize diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing our mission.
- We preserve our credibility by remaining independent and objective.
- We build capacity, talent, and excellence within the social sector.
- We embrace innovation and harness technology to maximize our effectiveness.
- We make a significant portion of our resources available for free.
- We exercise fiscal responsibility as a means of achieving our mission.