Customer Success Specialist
Candid is looking for a full time Customer Support Specialist who is eager to help retain our sustainable revenue and delight our customers as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Customer Success Specialist
Senior Director, National Sales
Core work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Williamsburg, VA
Entry-level position. The CSS is responsible for providing email and telephone support on GuideStar’s subscription products and services to GuideStar’s current and prospective customers. He/she will also assist GuideStar’s direct sales team with product questions and issue-investigation. He/she will be responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining a training video library which will be made available to GuideStar’s stakeholders and internal staff. The CSS will also be responsible for coordinating upcoming product release announcements with the GuideStar Marketing and Communications team.
- Advises customers and prospective customers on the uses and benefits of GuideStar products and services.
- Communicates with external customers to ensure notification of new product features, system maintenance/downtime, and issue resolution.
- Manages product-related call and email queues and responds in a timely, knowledgeable, and courteous manner.
- Hosts ongoing open-enrollment training webinars for subscription users.
- Serves as back-up to other Business personnel.
- Uses experience and expertise in making recommendations that will improve department efficiency and/or effectiveness or that assist support objectives.
- Develop and maintain a Training Video library using video-editing software.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal, administrative, organizational skills, and a thorough attention to detail
- Technical aptitude and interest
- Comfort with reporting to a supervisor who is in a different office or remote
- Ability to work independently to arrive at solutions and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and produce quality results
- Experience using email applications, Microsoft products, and various browser applications
- Experience using video-editing software programs, Adobe Premier preferred
- A positive can-do attitude, good team player, and an active participant in cross functional groups
- Bachelor’s degree preferred