Special Program: I Have to Create a Strategic Plan, Now What?
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:00 am
In-person | New York, NY
Check-in: 9:30 am
Too often, organizations create strategic plans that are too ambitious and do not relate to the nonprofit's available resources (staffing and finances), and are therefore never fully implemented. Other organizations either can never find the time or are not sure how to begin creating a plan, so they are left navigating without a compass.
In this interactive session, Ellayne Ganzfried and Patty Murray of Commanding Boards will share their insights on the importance of creating a relevant strategic plan, as well as the best tactics for implementing the plan.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- List the benefits of creating a strategic plan
- Identify the planning lifecycle
- Define the different types/models of strategic plans
- Describe the steps in creating a strategic plan
- Explain ways to implement and evaluate outcomes